GENERAL WEDDING POLICIES
Thank you for considering the Cleone Peterson Eccles Alumni House (CPEAH) to host your special event. Due to the elegant nature of our facility, we have some usage guidelines to safeguard the building and to ensure the safety of our guests. Please carefully review this information prior to booking a reservation.
- Wedding reception packages include up to seven hours of time on the reserved date up until 11:00 pm. For building access after 11:00 p.m., renters will be assessed a $500/hr fee. If a ceremony is added, one additional hour will be included. If additional time is needed beyond seven hours, but prior to 11 p.m., renters will be assessed a $200/hr fee.
- Wedding packages include tables, chairs, set up and take down, 20 base table linens, and audio-visual equipment (sound system, microphone). Additional table linens are $15/table and any runners, ties, or toppers are $5 each. Each ballroom section will include 10 additional base table linens.
- All items delivered by a vendor, caterer or renter must arrive during the contracted reservation time and must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Any items left overnight for pickup will be subject to a storage fee. At the conclusion of the event, the renter, vendors, and caterers must remove all equipment brought into the facility, including but not limited to flowers, linens, balloons, dishes, food and beverage. Failure to remove trash and other items will result in a $25 cleaning fee. If facilities require extra cleaning after the event, a $100/hr excessive cleaning fee will be charged.
- The Alumni parking lot to the north of the building is included with the reception package. This does not guarantee parking, only prevents guests from receiving parking tickets. Parking signs are also included with the reception package. Additional parking options are available and can be discussed with the house director, if interested.
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, glitter, silly string, sparklers, candles or fireworks are prohibited. Bubble solution may be used outdoors only. Rose petals may be used, but must be cleaned up at the conclusion of the event. Open flames are not allowed anywhere in the building or grounds. Caterers may use sterno canisters to keep food warm.
- Nails, hooks, tacks, screws, staples, wire, tape or any other abrasives may not be placed on or in walls, windows or fixtures. Decorations should be freestanding when possible. Decorations on handrails can be used with zip-ties, soft rope or fishing line after approval by the house director. Items cannot be hung from the ceiling by renter. Any damages or defacement will be assessed to the renter.
- A 50% deposit along with the signed contract is required to hold the space on the date requested. The additional 50% is due 30 days prior to the event date. For a more detailed cancellation/refund policy, please refer to the contract or discuss with the house director.
- The CPEAH is closed on all major holidays observed by the University of Utah, unless special arrangements are made.
- Renters must respect the facility and act in a civilized manner at all times. Renters and their guests must closely supervise all children attending the event.
- Smoking of any kind (including vaping) is not allowed at the University of Utah.
- Renters may select from the CPEAH list of preferred caterers, unless special arrangements have been made with the house director. Alcohol may only be served with the appropriate required agreement. All catering must be served by a licensed and insured caterer who is present on site for the duration of the event. Non-preferred caterers are permitted but may be subject to an administrative fee per caterer.
For more information, to schedule a tour, or to make a reservation, call (801) 581-6995.