Alcoholic Beverages may be served at the Eccles Alumni House. We take care to adhere to state regulations and be consistent with alcohol policies at other intuitions and educational facilities. Consistent with this policy, we follow these guidelines:
- Alcohol may be served upon approval only. Approval must be obtained from the Vice President of Advancement or designee two weeks prior to the event.
- The third-party renter must agree to comply with all Utah laws regarding the service and consumption of liquor. The third-party renter must sign a rental agreement, an alcohol service request addendum, and agree to assume liability for any claims resulting from the service or consumption of alcohol at the event
- Beer, wine and liquor may be served in the Eccles Alumni House
- The event must be closed to the public
- There may not be a charge of any kind of alcoholic beverages served at the event or a charge for entry to the event.
- Alcohol may be served for no more than 5 hours and food must be served at the same time.
- Alcohol may not be stored overnight at the venue.
- All alcohol must be provided and served by a licensed and insured bartender
- Any outside events serving alcohol must have a physical barrier
- If the Eccles Alumni House requires additional cleaning as a result of served alcohol (stains, etc.), the third-party renter will be assessed an additional fee.